Cake decorators are pastry chefs with artistic abilities. They work in bakeshops, restaurants, and hotels as part of the culinary staff and particularly work closely with bakers. Cake decorators are responsible for decorating different kinds of cakes. They make use of confectionery, sugar, icing, candies, chocolate, and other edible and non-edible materials to make a cake visually appealing and appetizing. Cake decorators must be adept in various techniques to create décor of various shapes and must be innovative in using new material to decorate cakes. This industry is fast-changing because of numerous efforts to make cake decorations more lavish and complex.
Sample Cake Decorator CV Template
Merseyside, L35 4HS
Creative and dynamic pastry chef looking for a job as a cake decorator in a pastry shop where my skills can serve more customers and can be challenged.
Summary of Qualification
- Five years working as a cake decorator in a bakery.
- Possess a high level of artistry and skill in creating new cake decorations.
- Skilled in the use of equipment for cake décor and confectionery.
- Vast knowledge in different types of cake decorations and techniques.
- Up-to-date with latest and emerging trends in cake design.
- Experienced in decorating cakes for different occasions.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Cake Decorator, Top Cakes Shop
- Receive instructions on what the customer wants their cake to look like.
- Prepare all décor for the cake and work with a team to lay them out on the cake.
- Decorate regular cakes to be sold at the bakery.
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts, Liverpool Culinary School
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.