Book designers are employed by publishing companies and may also be hired individually by writers who are having their books personally published. Book designers are professionals who are knowledgeable in graphic arts, sketching or drawing, and lay-outing. Book designers create the entire look of the book covers to the format of the inside pages. They usually have to read the books they are designing for to be able to reflect the topic and content of the book on the front and back cover. Book designers must constantly improve their skills with the fast advancement of editing and lay-outing software.
Sample Book Designer CV Template
Liverpool, Merseyside, L35 2JE
Creative and industrious job seeker hoping to join a publishing company as a book designer where I can share my skills in drawing and graphic arts in creating suitable book designs.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of work experience as a book designer.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Possess a high sense of creativity.
- Sound understanding of lay-outing and editing principles.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications for graphics editing and lay-outing.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Book Designer, Educational Children’s Books Inc.
- Read books to be published and create design that suits the topic and theme.
- Prepare graphic arts and drawings for book covers.
- Make recommendations to other book designers working on other projects.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, Liverpool University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.