Art therapists are individuals who have training in providing support to patients who need rehabilitation from trauma or distress. They provide therapy to patients through creative therapy or expressive therapy in which they involve patients in art-related activities to help improve their well-being. Their patients may be from young to old patients and may be suffering from physical illness or psychological problems. Art therapists make use of a fusion of psychology and the arts to help their patients. Art therapists may work in therapy clinics or work as independent practitioners.
Sample Art Therapist CV Template
Birmingham, West Midlands, B37 7NA
Enthusiastic and creative individual hoping to contribute to the well-being of individuals by using my expertise in art therapy while also enriching my knowledge and abilities.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of professional experience as an art therapist.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in visual arts and the principles of art therapy.
- Flexible and creative in performing tasks.
- Possess and interest and understanding of psychology principles.
- Excellent skills in interacting with clients and other employees.
- Capable of working with other health care professionals.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Art Therapist
- Work as private practitioner and receive several patients weekly.
- Provide alternative treatment to patients suffering from emotional distress and others with physical illness.
- Assess condition of patients and establish a treatment and rehabilitation plan specific for each patient.
2003 – 2006: Master of Science in Occupational Therapy, Birmingham University
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy, Birmingham University
Licensed art therapist.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.