Art historians work in art museums or private art establishments. They possess broad knowledge about art history and may also specialize in the art of a particular culture or a specific art movement. Art historians evaluate art pieces and study them to determine their particular age and source. They must be highly knowledgeable of the different artists and periods in the development of the arts around the world. Art historians are also involved in the preservation and restoration of different kinds of artifacts. They must be interested in viewing architectural finds and various references in performing their tasks.
Sample Art Historian CV Template
Park Road, Manor Park
London, E15 5HG
Knowledgeable and meticulous individual hoping to share my love for the arts and expertise in art history and art of different cultures to the benefit of an excellent art museum.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of work experience as an art historian.
- Possess a wide appreciation for the arts and knowledge about art techniques.
- Detail-oriented and keen about accuracy.
- Excellent research and data gathering skills.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Art Historian, London Museum
- Involved in the management of artworks, artifacts, and archaeological specimens in the museum.
- Meticulously document details of artworks and artifacts in the museum.
- Responsible for evaluating and preserving artworks and artifacts.
2003 – 2006: Master of Arts in Art History, London University
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.