Art hangers work in art galleries and can also work for individuals and groups having homes or buildings built or decorated. Art hangers are responsible for installing an effective and practical system for hanging or displaying artworks such as paintings on walls. They must therefore be knowledgeable in interior design principles to ensure that the hanging system does not damage the walls. Art hangers should also make sure that the artworks are hung steadily and are safe from being easily damaged or removed. Their work peaks during art exhibits and art shows. This profession does not require formal training but training in building-related trade is an advantage.
Sample Art Hanger CV Template
Midhurst Avenue, Muswell Hill
London, N14 3EP
Hard-working and resourceful worker with experience in working for various art exhibits is seeking employment as an art hanger for an art gallery.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years working as an art hanger.
- Highly knowledgeable in providing hanging systems in different kinds of buildings.
- With knowledge in basic building and architecture principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work extended hours and travel to location.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Art Hanger, London Gallery
- Study the building design and structure, as well as the number of artworks to be hung.
- Plan and implement a hanging system for the artworks.
- Test the hanging system and ensure that this is stable and safe.
2004 – 2006: Finished courses in undergraduate degree of Bachelor of Science in Architecture
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.