Art gallery assistants work in art galleries and mainly ensure the daily maintenance of art galleries. They work under the supervision of art gallery directors and may perform additional duties assigned to them. Art gallery assistants are responsible for opening and closing art galleries, and they make sure that all art exhibits held in the art gallery are well-coordinated and organize. These art professionals need to have exceptional knowledge in art history as well as be familiar of the different historical and contemporary artists. Formal education in an art-related field is an advantage for those who want to pursue a successful career as an art gallery assistant.
Sample Art Gallery Assistant CV Template
Huddleston Road, Holloway
London, N7 1EH
Knowledgeable and driven individual seeking a position as an art gallery assistant to be able to employ my skills and educational background in helping the gallery flourish.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years working as an art gallery assistant.
- Highly knowledgeable of art history and familiar with different artists.
- Proficient in the English language for written and oral communication.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional capacity in coordinating and planning activities.
- Excellent research and data gathering skills.
- Highly capable of following complex instructions.
- Excellent skills in interacting with clients and other employees.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Art Gallery Assistant, London Art Gallery
- Ensure daily operation of the gallery by opening and closing the gallery.
- Ensure proper maintenance of cleanliness and the good condition of artworks daily.
- Coordinate with art dealers and receive artworks.
- In charge of providing proper storage of artworks.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.