Art assistants work in industries that involve the use of graphics or artworks such as magazines, advertising agencies, and publishing houses. These perform numerous duties to assist editorial teams, specifically under the graphics editor, or assist the art directors. Art assistants must possess capabilities as an artist as well as be knowledgeable of art principles and the workings of the industry. They must be abreast of changing trends and developing techniques in the art world as this is crucial in creating relevant and timely artworks for their employers.
Sample Art Assistant CV Template
Mildmay Road, Islington
London, N1 6PU
Dynamic and skilled art professional hoping to land a job as an art assistant in a magazine where I can demonstrate my capacity as an artist and contribute my knowledge in the arts.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of work experience as an art assistant of a reputable magazine.
- Outstanding skill in oral and written communication language.
- Excellent command of English and French language.
- Thorough knowledge of art principles and techniques.
- Skilled in using computer applications for editing graphics and photographs such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Experienced in creating original art designs.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Art Assistant, Live Magazine
- Search for photos and artworks to be used by the magazine, which includes coordinating with agencies and art gallery representatives to receive usage rights for copyrighted material.
- Participate in the conceptualization of designs with the graphics and design team.
- Design layouts.
- Perform basic office duties such as printing and scanning photographs.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.