Art Administrators oversee the operations of the art institution most especially museums or art havens. They ensure that all art works and artefacts are well taken care of and in utmost condition as to prevent deterioration and preserve the sanctity of its quality. They are in charge of hiring art curators and tour guides to the museum as well as manage the day to day operations and functions of these personnel. They schedule the exhibits and make ways to acquire more items and holdings.
Art Administrator CV Template Example
Mount Avenue, Chingford
London, E4 7SY
I am a meticulous and patient professional seeking for a job as Art Administrator in a private or government museum. I have the ability to manage the operations of a museum with my background in skills as a curator and collector of artefacts.
2008 – Present: Art Administrator, Chingford Museum of Culture
- Acquired and solicited for artefacts and other culture items for the museum
- Developed systems and strategies for the preservation of the quality and sanctity of the items in the museum
- Created tour activities and system of introducing the items to clients and visitors
- Created opportunities for linkages and mobile touring of the museum with other stakeholders
2006-2008: Painting Curator, London Art Museum
- Identified the pieces of the painting collection and made a database for its information and specifics
- Cured and preserved 30% of the paintings owned by the museum
- Made plans for the restoration of murals and requested for materials and solutions necessary to make it possible.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Restorative Art, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.