Plant pathologists are scientists involved in the study and research of plant diseases and their causes, nature and control. They are employed as researchers and professors in schools or in industries involved in the development of pesticides and herbicides.
Sample Plant Pathologist CV Template
London, WC2E 7HT
I am highly talented and motivated expert in the field of plant pathology who is looking for a job that will employ my skills and abilities in improving crop production and agriculture, in general.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess four years of professional experience as a plant pathologist in a research institution.
- Highly knowledgeable and trained in conducting field and laboratory tests.
- Proficient in the subject of mycology, virology and bacteriology of various plants.
- Highly capable of preparing detailed and scientific reports and documents as well as analysis of data and results.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Plant Pathologist, Planters Research Company
- Gathered data and information about rare and endemic plants and their specific diseases, their cause and methods of control.
- Conduct laboratory experiments to determine the symptoms, progression, and treatment of plant diseases.
- Conduct tests to isolate disease-causing pathogens and study their nature and characteristics.
- Determine and document methods of treating and controlling disease-causing pathogens in plants.
- Study diseased plants to determine methods of transmission and document the progression of the disease.
- Work with other experts to help come up with a comprehensive control and treatment plan.
- Make accurate reports and detailed analysis of the experiments for verification and use.
2003 – 2006: Master of Science in Plant Pathology, London University
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.