Creating and maintaining an organization or person’s public image and reputation is the main responsibility of a Public Relations Manager. He does more than issue press releases or bulletins. Working together with the marketing communications teams, he coordinates activities with high public visibility going beyond selling products, including the promotion of the image the company or person wants to establish in the perception of the general public, including government.
Sample Public Relations Managers CV Template
Reginald B. Oswald
Woodstock rd., Oxford, UK
To work as a Public Relations Manager in a global company.
2001 – Present: Public Relations Manager, Orange Telecommunications
- Plan, develop and direct public relations programs that create and maintain a health public image for the company’s reputation.
- Serve as the company’s official spokesperson in all media events.
- Coordinate with IT to ensure positive online reputation.
- Issue press releases and appear in media in times of high profile court litigation and product scandals.
2001 – 2005: Assistant Public Relations Manager, AT&T
- Defend the company’s environmental stand, political neutrality and other issues that unless addressed could adversely affect the company’s public image
- Plan and direct corporate events with high public visibility using marketing resources, 3rd party event management and employee participation.
- Excellent brand marketing skills in the jewelry and watch industries.
- Excellent management, organization, diplomatic, people management and communication skills
2001 – Present: In house trainings and workshops on handling public perceptions, industrial psychology, perception management and creating proper PR press releases.
1997 – 2001: BA Public Administration, Concordia University, Wisconsin
To be furnished upon request