While advertising mangers create the market awareness and product positioning for a brand, Promotions Managers oversees the implementation of advertising message to promote sales of the brands. They also enhance distribution channels by providing purchasing incentives and sales support collaterals that help promote sales. These channels include online retailing, direct mailers, discount coupons, store window displays, product posters, trade shows, sports sponsorships and public events. Purchasing incentives involved any or a mix of free samples, discounted or free movies passes, sweepstakes and raffles, giveaways and contests, to mention the more common ones.
Sample Promotions Manager CV Template
Pauline T. Pickering
Werrington St., London, UK
To be a Promotions Manager for a large metropolitan department store
2002 – Present: Assistant Promotions Manager, Harvey Nichols, London
- Prepare the promotions budget with corresponding distribution plans and promotional campaigns for management approval.
- Collaborate closely with the advertising manager and sales head in developing the promotions campaigns in line with the overall marketing strategies.
- Approve all participation in trade events, promotional collaterals, gifts and giveaways, staging of product launches and event sponsorships.
- Excellent ability to conceptualize ideas in promoting a product or service
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills in dealing with managements, clients and advertising agencies
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in English.
Cited by management during the years 2004, 2007 and 2008 for consistent success in the sales promotion of the company’s premier brand of apparel and fashion accessories.
1999 – 2002: Bachelor of Arts in Commerce, Trinity College, University of Dublin
To be furnished upon request