Employed mostly in advertising and creative agencies or organic advertising departments in large companies, the Copy Writer harnesses his literary, journalistic and creative writing skills to craft compelling advertising messages that can capture and sustain market attention in promoting the company’s products or services within the thematics of an advertising campaign. They work on advertorials, slogans, taglines and promotional scripts in various media channels to drum up market awareness and sales. A resume is best served with a portfolio of recent published works.
Sample Creatives Copy Writer CV Template
Jennifer H. Allyson
Holborn St., London
To be the lead copywriter in a large metropolitan advertising or creative agency
2006 – Present: Associate Print Copy Writer, Rhino Advertising, London
- Create captions and slogans pertinent to client’s advertising requirements in any media channel
- Assist the copywriter in developing website for the for the firm
- Compose advertorial articles in leading trade journals and professional publications for clients in the manufacturing sector.
- Write content for press releases, product brochures, advertising and promo campaigns, teasers in print and broadcast media for new product launches.
2000 – 2006: Print and Internet Copy Writer, Orbital Design, London
- Compose advertising and promotional taglines, one liners, slogans, catch-phrases and advertorials for assigned copy wiring projects.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- High computer literacy to handle word processing and image editing application
- Awarded 2008 and 2009 Outstanding Copy Writer for Industrial Products by the Publicis Groupe
- Samples of portfolio available upon request.
1997 – 2000: BA in Journalism, University College London
To be furnished upon request