The traditional airline ticket office is the sales office for purchasing tickets and getting passengers booked for airline seats for a flight date and routing. The Airline Ticket Office Manager is the counterpart of the sales manager in other products and services and is responsible for managing a team of ticket sales agents and reservations agents in the proper issuance of airline tickets and seat reservations for its phoned and walk-in passengers.
Sample Airline Ticket Office Manager CV Template
Thelma N. Lowry
Church St., Brighton, UK
To work as an Airline Ticket Office Manager for a large hotel or airport transport concessionaire
2002 – Present: Airport- Airline Ticket Office Manager, Virgin Atlantic Airways, Brighton Ticket Office
- Check on the attendance of ticketing and booking agents and ensure reservation terminals and ticket printers are working with adequate ticket stocks.
- Guide and mentor new agents.
- Assign staff to assist walk-in customers with special requirements like unaccompanied minors, stretcher and medical cases, etc.
- Extend work hours when needed
- Ensure that staff agents are wearing the prescribed airline uniforms
- Implement corporate code of discipline and proper frontline behaviour.
- Coordinate with assigned travel agents in the sales area to provide assistance when needed.
- Excellent command of geography, time zones and nationalities.
- Above average organizational, supervisory and managerial skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills to face customers.
Cited by management for from 2008 to 2010 for achieving sales targets despite recession period
1998 – 2002: BS Public Administration, Exeter College – Devon
Can be provided upon request