French word for “Vice” or deputy, the Airline Sous Chef supports the airline Chef in tactical procedures of an airline caterer. This position essentially takes over the Chef when he is absent, doing the entire things the Chef does, except creating decisions of a strategic nature. Also competent as a chef and often employed from the hotel industry, the Airline Catering Sous Chef uses his skill in culinary works to support the Chef in planning the menu selections for an airline’s first class, business class or executive and economy class meals.
Sample Airline Sous Chef CV Template
Herbert V. Schuster
Guilford St., London, UK
To work as an Airline Sous Chef for a large commercial airline, ground handler or catering company.
2003 – Present: Airline Sous Chef, Gate Gourmet, Heathrow
- Assist the head chef in designing the meal tray presentation, meal components and ingredient lists for each meal types.
- Assist the chef in the design the meals and implementation of their production in coordination with the catering production team.
- Document the meal specifications, prescribed quality and quantity to the production floor.
- Guide purchasing office in making raw materials selections.
- Assist the chef in preparing for meal presentations to airline clients.
- Assist the chef in conducting food exhibits and wine tasting sessions with airline executives and guests.
- Mentor newly hired kitchen chefs
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Cited by management between 2005 and 2008 for consistent high performance rating
1995 – 1999: Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts Boston University
Can be provided upon request