The Airline Reservation and Ticketing Agent is the traditional distribution channel of airlines. With travel agents, online booking and paperless ticketing, the position may be considered obsolescent but they still provide the backbone for most airline customer-facing sales position. They have evolved to manage phoned-in booking requests as well as behind-the-scene processors in online booking, cleaning up the ticketing database and passengers to confirm bookings, in addition to processing walk-in customers to the ticket office.
Sample Airline Reservation and Ticketing Agent CV Template
Beatrice Q. Parkerhouse
Nicholas St., Chester, UK
To work as an Airline Reservation and Ticketing Agent for a large hotel or airport transport concessionaire
2006 – Present: Airline Reservation and Ticketing Agent, British Airways Ticket Office, Chester
- Observe work schedules as mandated.
- Secure ticket stocks and ensure their availability throughout work hours
- Refer to OAG and IATA publications for travel and airport information when required.
- Perform seat reservation transaction for walk-in and phoned customer requests.
- Print and issue the IATA airline tickets for walk=in customers or their messengers.
- Perform single and group bookings as requested.
- Make accurate airline quotation according to airline tariff structure for the routing, class of service and application of loyalty program discounts when applicable.
- Process customer courteously and in accordance with booking and ticketing service standards.
- Excellent command of geography, time zones and nationalities.
- Average organizational and computational skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills to face customers.
Cited by management for high performance rating in 2008 to the present
2003 – 1006: High School Diploma, Sheffield Park Academy, South Yorkshire
Can be provided upon request