Schooled and trained as a chef and often hired from the hotel industry, the Airline Catering Chef specializes in designing the culinary menu selections for the various service classes of an airline – first class, executive or business class and coach or economy class. He is basically the COO for an airline catering department and heads a staff that oversees the large scale production and administrative requirements in preparing and processing the packaged airline meals for loading up the relevant aircraft prior to departure.
Sample Airline Chef CV Template
Stewart F. La Fey
Bartholomew Rd., Kentish Town, London, UK
To work as an airline chef for a large catering company focused on serving airlines
2003 – Present: Airline Chef, Gate Gourmet, Heathrow
- Study market demographic input from head office to ensure that airline meal designs remain popular and preferred by the client customers in the routes or sectors served.
- Design the meals and implement production in coordination with the catering production team.
- Specific the ingredients for each meal and conduct random audits to ensure they are as specified
- Supervise the purchasing department in making sourcing decisions for raw materials.
- Meet with airline clients in proposing meal presentations.
- Conduct regular food exhibits and wine tasting sessions with culinary experts and airline executives.
- Specify the brands of canned food products, wines, cheeses, juices, etc.
- Revise meal designs every quarter for each airline client.
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Cited by management between 2007 and 2009 for consistent high performance rating
1995 – 1999: Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts Boston University
Can be provided upon request