Media companies depend on advertising revenues as the Media or Advertising Sales Agents in these media organizations are responsible for prospecting and finalizing contracts for advertisement placements from client companies. These ads can be full-page or boxed ads for print media, 30-60 second commercials in TV and radio, or banner ads online. Just like most sales agents, Advertising or Media Sales Agents earn commissions when hitting advertising sales quotas.
Sample Media/Advertising Sales Agent CV Template
Marian G. Rutherford
Thomas St., Dublin, Ireland
Phone: 01 9901 5521
To be an Advertising Sales Agent in a large metropolitan media company, whether print, broadcast or online.
2002 – Present: Assistant Advertising Sales Agent, Media Brokers Inc
- Conduct sales activities in assigned geographic region or industry to solicit ads and create a long-term client relationship.
- Coordinate with marketing to update advertising tariffs.
- Assist clients in developing their advertising specifics using in-house advertising designers or refer them to 3rd party creative agencies.
- Obtain and maintain ad space leases in billboards for resale to client
- Secure TV and radio spots for commercials
- Provide pertinent reports to clients on ad penetration surveys
- Harness social media sites for ad placements.
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills in English and French.
- Achieved advertising sales quotas consistently between 2004 to 2007
- Awarded Most Promising Media Seller in 2003
2002 – Present: Various seminars on selling techniques
1999 – 2002: Bachelor of Arts in Commerce, Trinity College, University of Dublin
To be furnished upon request