Advertising internships are training programs. You may not be paid during the training period and experience in the same field is usually not required to obtain an internship. The experience you get from the training program however can be used to get a similar job elsewhere. You may even be lucky enough to impress your trainers and land a job in advertising. Care should therefore be taken when preparing your advertising internship resume. A good curriculum vitae will guarantee you a place before the interview panel.
Advertising Internship CV Example
Cecil Susan Sue
34 Mill Street
Mobile: +1 900 987
Telephone: +1 3049 3949
Very creative and highly motivated script writer and storyboard designer seeking a position as an advertising assistant. Interested in learning print and video media advertising. Eager to apply skills and techniques learned in the classroom.
2003 – 2007: Bachelor of Arts in Media Studies- Corner University
- Units Learned:
- History of print media
- Media tools
- Information technology in media
- Basic and Advanced fine arts
- Basic and Advanced Writing Skills
2002 – 2003: Certificate in Fine Arts- YMCA
2002 – 2003: Certificate in Writing- YMCA
Special Skills and Attributes
- Advanced knowledge and experience in information technology including web design, computer aided graphic design, word processor, and adobe Photoshop and coral arts programs.
- Have written several short stories and comic strips that have been published online and in university magazines
- Able to organize and work within a team having been a member of the Corner University Track Team and the YMCA basketball team.
- Able to work as an individual having worked on a final year individual project that earned top ten ranking overall.
- Assistant director of the University Theater Troupe at Corner University
- Team captain of the Corner University Track Team.