A support worker provides whatever help and encouragement required by a person in order for them to be responsible and take charge of their lives. It is necessary for the assisting worker to respect and co-operatively work with others to enable an individual live on their own based on the individual’s needs or preferences.
Sample Support Worker CV Format
3286 St, Catherine St., Apt 3C
Sky View, MT
Cell Phone: 893-847-8923
Strong desire to provide quality support service to people in need of assistance.
2002 – 2008: Support Worker, Family Plan Organization, South Dakota
- Providing support, information and advocacy to the individuals supported by the company.
- Providing emotional assistance to service users.
- Helping service users achieve their personal care needs and high level personal hygiene appropriately and sensitively.
- Assisting the people under support in preparing meals and drinks and laundry work.
- Supporting service users in taking prescribed medicine and complying with all medicine policies as well as administration, storage and record keeping
- Enabling service users achieve independence as far as they possibly can in all aspects of life by providing opportunities, appropriate information, support, training and counseling.
- Helping service users identify and choose their own support needs.
- Assisting in implementing, devising and reviewing home care plans.
- Supporting service users for them to actively contribute to the daily running of their own homes.
- Assisting in safety and health assessments, following safety and health procedures and participating in fire drills and audits.
- Providing first aid services at the homes of service users when necessary.
Training and Qualification
1999 – 2001: Diploma in Health Care and Sanitation- Hilltop Hospital College, Riverside town, MS