An import/export manager is needed by large companies and businesses involved in importing materials and exporting finished products outside the country. He/she ensures the proper and lawful transaction of business regarding imports and exports done by the company. These professionals commonly liaise between the company and customs officials regarding such transactions. Aside from this, the import/export manager also performs managerial and other relevant tasks that may be assigned by the executive management.
Sample Import/Export Manager CV Template
London, E2 0SD
Flexible and skilled professional with expertise in customs procedures, retail and marketing, as well as national and international laws seeking a challenging position as an import/export manager in a reputable company that allows career growth.
Summary of Qualification
- With six years of professional working experience as an import/export manager.
- Expert knowledge in the field of marketing and economics.
- Strong background in local and international policies regarding import and export.
- Sound knowledge in customs policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent persuasive and diplomatic skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Import/Export Manager, Regal Company
- Develop and implement an import/export plan for the company’s products and raw materials or resources.
- Establish a plan regarding acquisition of raw materials and distribution of finished products of the company.
- Plan transport routes for efficient and economical means of transportation for import and export purposes.
- Ensures that all necessary documents are accomplished and that business transactions are within national and local rules and regulations.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.