Grant Administrators are typically employed in philanthropic foundations, banks, trusts, and moneyed civic organization and individuals who are known to provide financial support to student education, medical charities and projects in the academe or research, to mention some. They oversee the approval of grant requests and administer to their disbursements once approved.
Grant Administrator CV Format
Michael R. Hague
Oak St., Kansas City, Missouri
Phone: (816) 867-8799
To work as a Grant Administrator for a local philanthropic foundation
1998 – Present: Grant Administrator, McKinley Foundation, Kansas
- Circulate grant availability to the academe and professions in the field of historic and archeological research, energy exploration and secondary public schools for scholarships in the social sciences.
- Process grant applications and provide applicants with the requirements and conditions for approval
- Obtain the required supporting documents associated with grant application
- Advice applicants if grants have been rejected or approved
- Conduct briefings to successful applicants whose grants have been approved.
- Conduct regular and random audit of projects funded with approved grants to ensure that the grant is properly utilized in accordance with agreed conditions.
- Review submissions on fund utilization and assist applicant for grant renewals as necessary.
Skills and Qualification
- Passed the CPA licensure in 1999
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Excellent command of spreadsheets such as Lotus and MS Excel.
A portfolio of projects administered with grants exceeding $2m for a number of scientific and energy exploration initiatives available on request.
1998 – Present: In-house training on accounting systems and grant administration
1994 – 1998: BS Accountancy, University of Warwick
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request