Front Desk Coordinators are responsible for giving directions to guests and visitors of an office to appropriate offices and areas to meet their information or service needs. They have great interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to guide people accordingly. They must also possess good problem solving skills so that they may be able to provide help to their clients who may ask for solutions for their inquiries.
Front Desk Coordinator CV Template Example
Finsbury Park, London N4 5LN
I am an experienced and responsible individual with strong communication skills. I am very personable and can provide concrete directions to guests and visitors. I am tech savvy and can operate office equipment and facilities with ease. I can work long hours and in shifts.
2006 – Present: Front Desk Coordinator, Finsbury Hotel
- Greeted and welcomed guests and visitors to the hotel and gave them introductions to the hotel
- Gave directions to guests looking for certain facilities and answered their queries
- Called offices and hotel personnel to coordinate queries and requests
- Referred guests to the management for any other issue that may not be resolved in front desk
2004-2006: Desk Clerk, Kichler Industries
- Encoded data and information to files and documents and forms for different purposes
- Took phone calls and made follow ups for transactions and pending activities
- Drafted letters and other documents for the superiors and made records available for them
- Prepared schedules and reminded the superior of their upcoming appointments
1999 – 2004: Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.