In many computer systems installation, the Database Administrator is trained to operate, implement and maintain database managements systems such as relational RDBMS products like Oracle, IBM DB2 or non-relational hierarchical databases used mostly in legacy systems. They also take charge in coordinating with database systems vendors in correctly implementing programmatic updates as well as perform database optimization and routine reorganization to accommodate any new system enhancements.
Sample Database Administrator CV Template
Arnold B. Hartford
Hollybush Row, Oxford, UK
To work as a Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) Administrator in the UNIX platform of a large international airline
2002 – Present: Oracle Database Administrator, Sky Commuters, Plc
- Collaborate with systems and computer engineers to ensure high systems availability for the company’s RDBMS used in mission critical systems.
- Provide guidance and technical mentoring to new programmers and conduct relevant seminars and workshops
- Schedule and announce system downtimes for database upgrades and reorganization activities.
- Monitor database performance and diagnose, implement corrective action as recommended by Oracle and provide management with regular reports on database systems availability.
- Document enhancements through prescribed change request procedures and implement approved changes in accordance with standard Oracle implementation procedures.
- Excellent command of the latest Oracle database on the UNIX platform
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills in English.
- Received Employee of the Year award in 2003, 2005 for perfect attendance
2002 – Present: In-house training for Oracle administration
1998 – 2002: BS in Computer Management, Oxford Brookes University.
To be furnished upon request