A cleaner provides effective and efficient cleaning, including ensuring that the general appearance of buildings and their surrounding areas are well maintained in accordance with the essential standards. Applying to be a cleaner in an institution or company requires demonstration of a sense of seriousness, self discipline and tidiness starting with the CV. A cleaner is expected to observe safe work practices and ensure that instructions issued by supervisors are adhered to.
Sample Cleaner CV Format
8932 West Lane road, Fair view, Dr
To assist in maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in order to provide conducive working and living environments in any institution
2003 – 2009: Janitor, Park Square Hospital, Fairview, CT
- Emptying rubbish bins and similar receptacles, moving waste material to designated collection points.
- Mopping building floors with mops.
- Sweeping floors with dust control mops and brushes.
- Using electric scrubbing and polishing machines to scrub, burnish, spray and polish-clean floors.
- Sanctioning the cleaning of carpeted areas.
- Dusting, damp-wiping, washing and polishing ledges, furniture, window sills and external surfaces of radiators, cupboards, fitments and shelves.
- Replenishing toiletries e.g. toilet rolls, soap and paper towels
- Cleaning urinals, toilets, hand basins, sinks and drinking fountains.
- Undertaking inside window pane cleaning and wall washing during periodic cleaning maintenance programs.
- Using chemical agents in the cleaning operations and maintenance procedures as directed by the supervising officer.
- Maintaining confidentiality and observing data protection and associated guiding principles where appropriate.
Training and Education
2001 – 2003: High School Diploma- Louisiana Township High school, LS