Area managers are in-charge of designated areas in which an organization is present. Jobs in this sector include retail store area manager, bank area manager and area managers of humanitarian non-governmental organizations amongst others. Area mangers are responsible for a large number of employees. The job involves little supervision if any and you are allowed a great deal of autonomy in discharging your duties.
The resume of an area manager should show skills and personal attributes such as being a self motivated individual, ability to lead a team, good communication skills (both written and oral), confidence, good organizational and planning skills and innovation.
Sample Area Manager CV Format
232 Paddling Town Street
Mobile no: +1 232 4332
Telephone No: +1 232 4343 232
Retail store area manager seeking similar position in a non-governmental humanitarian organization. The position should allow for the application of gained and developed skills in interpersonal relations, communication and team building. Willing to relocate to work in a third world country.
2003 – 2006: Retail Area Manager at Shop ‘Till You Drop Stores
- Set the standards for customer care in the shops within the region
- Ensured standards in customer care were met by organizing and overseeing investigations in customer satisfaction and feedback
- Employed managers for retail shops
- Giving promotions to deserving staff
- Organized and facilitated team building activities for staff
- Set targets for each retail shop
- Appointed teams to investigate methods of maximizing sales
- Appointed marketing team
- Organized and chaired interdepartmental monthly meetings
1998 – 2002: BA in Business Administration – Boston University