Admitting clerks function in much the same way as switch board operators and receptionists. However, admitting clerks are mostly found in hospitals, private practice clinics and other medical centers. Apart from receiving patients at the reception and booking appointments, the admitting clerk also interviews patients so as to gather information that may be useful for the hospital. The admitting clerk records the patients’ information on a form and is responsible for the safe storage of the information. This is only one of many duties the admitting clerk must perform. The skills that should be demonstrated in the admitting clerk resume include good oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, self motivation and an interest in customer service.
Sample Admitting Clerk CV Format
23 Fifth Avenue
Mobile No: +1 232 4343 232
Telephone No: +1 232 2323 234
Hospital admitting clerk with experience working in private hospital seeking similar position in a well established wellness clinic. The position should allow for further studies in traditional healing and wellness.
2004 – 2008: Hospital Admitting Clerk at St Catherine’s Women’s Hospital
- Received patients at the reception.
- Assisted new patients in the filling in of insurance forms and patient detail forms for the hospital records.
- Directed patients and visitors to various areas within the hospital grounds
- Assisted patients and visitors with information on hospital policies and procedures upon request
- Proofread records after their preparation.
- Ensured copies of all documents were made.
- Set up appointments for patients.
- Managed patient appointments and doctor schedules.
- Answered telephone calls.
2000 – 2003: Diploma in Information Technology – Georgia University