The trainee accountant position is usually entry level. There may be little experience to show in a trainee accountant CV therefore one needs to present the educational background and the possession of soft skills. This includes leadership skills, the ability to work with minimal supervision, analytical skills and team work. The job requires the knowledge of the Financial and Accounting Standards and basic accounting procedures. An accountant deals with money therefore employers recruiting new accountants give special attention to the integrity of the applicant. Below is a sample of a trainee accountant CV.
Sample Trainee Accountant CV
89 Thornton Place
Mobile Number: 44 987 56789
Telephone Number: 44 692 58941
Bachelor of Commerce graduate seeking to work in an accounting position with a reputable firm so as to further increase my knowledge of accounting. To contribute to the company by applying my skills and knowledge of accounting and finance.
2003-2006: Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting Option, University of London
2008 – Present: Trainee Accountant, Madison Cooperation
- Creation of Journals and posting journal entries
- Data entry in Excel and QuickBooks
- Filing and retrieving information from the archives
- Creation of the trial balance
- Filling tax return forms
- Management of the petty cash
- Issuance of checks to subordinate staff
- Retrieval of reports from the accounting system
2007 – Accounts Intern, Bank of Oxford
- Posting check payments, cash receipts and payment reversals into the CMS banking system
- Posting check payments in the Branch Power System.
- Preparing entries for accounting
- Customer service
- Graduated with honors
- Led the University’s basketball team in winning the national championships
- Was in the Dean’s List twice
- Led the University Accounting Group that was formed to cater for the needs of accounting students in the University.