Telecoms Invoicing Clerks are tasked with processing client service billings in assigned franchises with the objective of ensuring accuracy and timely billing. They may also be tasked to update online systems to reflect customer billing data if offered to the public.
Telecoms Invoicing CV Format
Bridgette T. Coleman
Brooklyn Heights, New York City
Phone: (212) 879-9132
To work as a Telecoms Invoicing Clerk for a telecoms company or ISP
2004– Present: Telecoms Invoicing, Verizon Telecoms, NYC
- Monitor system billing cues in the sales and billing system to ensure prompt customer billing.
- Coordinate with telecoms operations to ensure accuracy in billing information prior to sending bill to customers or updating the online display.
- Check that tariff rates are correct in accordance with offered packages in mobile, fixed line, WiFi and broadband internet services.
- Update client ledgers and accounting module of the company’s ERP system to reflect client payments.
- Process payment submission from cashier offices in assigned telecoms payments centers nationwide.
- Observe work shifts to ensure maximum productivity
- Refer customer complaints and disputes on invoices to higher management or telecoms analyst for second level resolution.
Skills and Qualification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and computational skills to handle accounting modules in automated systems.
Cited by management for perfect attendance in 2007 and high office performance in 2009 to the present
2006 – Present: In-house training on accounting system
2002 – 2006: BS Accounting, Kansas State University
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request