Employed by the city or district revenue collection office, the Tax Collector is responsible for the oversight and administration of the local tax code and implementation of the programs that allow the city to meet its tax revenue targets. Working under the direct supervision of the City Council, the position is responsible for securing cash payments, deposits and receipts in the tax collection initiatives assigned like business taxes, real estate taxes, personal property, motor vehicle, foreclosures, etc.
Sample Tax Collection Officer CV Template
Dabney C. Andersen
Westgate St., Cardiff, Wales
To work as a Tax Collection Officer for a large district, city or municipality
2004 – Present: Tax Collection Officer, City of Cardiff, UK
- Oversee and secure cash receipts and deposits paid as taxes by residents of property and income, foreclosure, real estate, and motor vehicle excises
- Assist residents in the preparation of tax declarations
- Work with the city government in the preparation of financial reports.
- Strong organizational, managerial and supervisory competence
- Computer literate to handle the Municipal Accounting system as well as word processing and spreadsheet application.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills to interact with buyers
- Excellent time management and people management skills.
Cited by the City Council in 2006 and 2008 for achieving record collections
2004: Passed Collector Certification with as least 2-3 years in municipal governance or financial management function.
2000 – 2004: BS Accounting, Worcester College, Oxford
Can be provided upon request