A tax collection officer works for the internal revenue office of districts or cities and are also referred to as a revenue officer. Tax collection officers are responsible for handling delinquent accounts and individuals or groups that fail to file their taxes or have not paid their taxes truthfully. These government employees ensure that unpaid taxes are collected from individuals, organizations, and businesses.
Sample Tax Collection Officer CV Template
Aston, Birmingham, B14 2LF
I am seeking a job as a tax collection officer to utilize my skills and knowledge as a government worker. I am a responsible citizen that hopes to contribute to the government in ensuring fiscal stability by an efficient tax collection.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years working as a tax collection officer.
- Highly knowledgeable of tax and other laws, legal codes, and procedures in court proceedings.
- Possess sound understanding of principles in customer service.
- Well-versed in clerical tasks and procedures as well as calculating skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competent skills in problem-solving and analytical thinking.
- Adept in using Microsoft Office applications.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Tax Collection Officer, Accurate Company
- Take charge and collect taxes in the form of cash or deposits from individuals, organizations or businesses for property, income, assets, real estate, foreclosure, and vehicles owned.
- Communicate with individuals to be able to settle unpaid taxes and debts.
- Conduct research and check the backgrounds of individuals that have liabilities and pending tax payments.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, Birmingham University
Passed the certification and licensure exams.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.