Consumers returning merchandise items to a mall can expect refunds handled by a Refunds Accounting Clerk assigned to the local branch of the store. A simple check with the store customer database to validate the relevant sales or a presentation of a payment receipt is generally sufficient to process a refund request with the returned merchandise item. The refunds clerk accesses the company accounting system to journalize a sales returns transaction in accordance with approved refund procedures and accounting policies.
Sample Refunds Accounting Clerk CV Template
Sally K. Bergman
Oxford St, London
To occupy a position as a Refunds Clerk in a major fashion or apparel business
2000 – Present: Refunds Accounting Clerk, Harrods of London
- Accept and process approved refund requests in accordance with approved accounting procedures.
- Approve refunds request below a threshold amount upon verification of returned merchandise amount.
- Journalize the fund reversal entries as sales returns in the company’s accounting ledgers.
- Provide monthly refund reports to the branch accounting manager.
- Knowledge in sales, billing and refunds modules of an automated accounting system or GL system
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills as well as organizational skills
Consistently received management commendations for fast and error-free refund processing since 2006 to the present based on customer feedback
2000: In-house training on the company’s accounting system
1997 – 2000: BA in Commerce (undergraduate), University of Brighton, UK
To be furnished upon request