The Refunds Accounting Clerk is responsible for journalizing all sales returns in a branch or store that resulted in a release of cash or credit refunds to customers. The function can be done by the cashier in small stores simply by checking the sales database to check that the item being returned was indeed sold by the store to this or that customer. In larger companies, a refunds voucher may be issued by the store with which you have to claim your refund from the Refunds Accounting Clerk in another office or location, typically the headquarters, if it involves large sums.
Refunds Accounting Clerk CV Format
Priscilla G. Kelly
E. Twiggs, Tampa, Florida
Phone: (772) 354-1899
To work as a Refunds Accounting Clerk in a major consumer retail business
2004 – Present: Refunds Accounting Clerk, Macy’s, Fl
- Process approved customer requests for requests in accordance with accounting and cash disbursement procedures.
- Process refunds below $200 upon satisfactory verification of merchandise returns that they were sold by the store.
- Book the cash reversal entries in the company’s accounting ledgers ad sales merchandise returns
- Observed store working hours for optimum productivity.
- Provide weekly refund reports to the store’s operations and accounting heads.
Skill and Qualification
- Excellent knowledge in billing and refunds modules of ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal and social skills
- Excellent analytical and computational skills
Received management commendations in 2005 and 2009 for expeditious and error-free refund processing based on customer feedback
2004: In-house training on the company’s accounting system
2001 – 2004: BA in Commerce (undergraduate), Syracuse University, NY
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request