A public accountant is employed by firms to provide public services for individuals and even large companies for a particular fee. Some public accountants have private offices and are self-employed. They help in the management of financial reports and provide recommendations in maintaining a good financial standing.
Sample Public Accountant CV Template
Birmingham, West Midlands B19 0PE
I want to be employed as a public accountant in which I can utilize my skills and knowledge completely for the benefit of the populace. I am highly qualified to fulfill the duties required for the position.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of work experience as a public accountant.
- Adept in the use of related computer applications, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Possess deep understanding of taxation laws and protocol.
- Skilled in the use of the latest accounting software.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Public Accountant, Insure Accounting Firm
- Prepare tax returns for small businesses and entrepreneurs, companies and corporations, or self-employed individuals.
- Help clients in utilizing an effective strategy to lower or minimize tax dues within legal boundaries.
- Analyze the financial status of businesses that are about to expand or acquire new property and give them advice about possible tax ramifications caused by the change.
- Audit financial records and books to verify if they are complete and accurate.
- Ensure that necessary paperwork has been maintained by clients regarding their tax matters.
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, Birmingham University
Passed the certification and licensure exams and became a certified public accountant in 2005.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.