The Property/Fixed Asset Accountant is a specialized CPA responsible for the bookkeeping of depreciable assets of the company. Mostly employed in capital-intensive commercial companies, they account for such properties as aircrafts, machineries, merchandise inventories, manufacturing plants and real estate that are owned or under long term leases. The Property/Fixed Asset Accountant applies the approved depreciation and valuation methods for tax purposes and accounts for their disposal or revaluation from repairs or for resale.
Sample Property / Fixed Asset Accountant CV Template
Dilbert B. Branaugh
Victoria Rd., Birmingham, England
Phone: 0121 445 2254
To work as a Property or Fixed Asset Accountant for a large retail, airline or manufacturing company with a large property inventory to manage.
2004 – Present: Assistant Property Accounting Manager, Jaguar, Coventry, UK
- Conduct regular review of corporate property holdings to ensure they are productively deployed in the business
- Coordinate with business managers in developing the commercial value of real estate holdings
- Review chart of accounts to update asset property accounts
- Review accounting system to ensure that zero book value properties are treated for disposal or revaluation.
- Liaise with government and real estate brokers for updating property valuations, council rates and land tax calculations.
- Strong organizational, managerial and supervisory competence
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills to interact with buyers
- Excellent time management and people management skills.
Cited by management in 2007 for accurate and through inventory of assets for revaluation and transfer to a subsidiary
2000 – 2004: BS Accounting, Worcester College, Oxford
Can be provided upon request