Fixed Asset Accountants are CPAs assigned in the bookkeeping of depreciable assets of the company. Capital-intensive commercial companies such as airlines, telecoms and manufacturing companies have teams of them who implement the approved valuation and depreciation policies. They are also responsible in reviewing booked assets that have reached zero book values to ensure timely revaluation if still productive or for disposal.
Property / Fixed Asset Accountant CV Format
Stephen D. Rogers
Pearl St., Buffalo, NY
Phone: (718) 143-2254
To work as a Fixed Asset Accountant for a large airline or retail company with a large property inventory to manage.
2004 – Present: Property Accounting Manager, Southern Value Engineering, NYC
- Coordinate with asset procurement officials to ensure that newly purchased capitalized expenses are correctly booked into the company’s ERP system.
- Alert operating units on productive assets reaching Zero book values to check if they are still productive and advice valuation stratus.
- Coordinate with Asset Disposal to alert them to process upcoming assets to be disposed.
- Conduct regular assessment and appraisal of properties to record gains or losses dues to market valuation changes and currency fluctuations.
Skills and Qualification
- Passed Certified Public Accountant licensure in 2000
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and people management skills.
Received commendations in 2005/6 and 2009 for successful consolidation of previously unaccounted and unproductive assets for revaluation and disposal
2000 – Present: In-house training on accounting module of ERP system
1997 – 2000: BS Accounting, Remington College, Little Rock, Arkansas.
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request