A principal accountant performs duties requiring expertise in accounting principles and procedures which are in compliance with standards and policies. Principal accountants manage resources and finances to ensure proper utilization.
Sample Principal Accountant CV Template
Dartmouth Park Road
London, NW5 1SU
It is my goal to be employed as an accounts manager in a company that will enable skills development and career growth at the same time. I want to utilize my expertise to the full advantage of the company.
Summary of Qualification
- Vast work experience as a principal accountant.
- Good grasp of the English language for oral and written communication.
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Office applications like Word and Excel.
- Extensive knowledge in accounting principles and its practical use.
- Has a keen eye for detail.
- Efficient worker and can perform duties well even under stress.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Principal Accountant, Top Company
- Ensure that all accounts of the company are accurate, complete, and regularly updated.
- Ensure that company accounts are at par with company standards and in accordance to government rules and regulations.
- Provide guidance and supervision to company accountants in performing their duties.
- Review all company accounts and check them for discrepancies and inaccuracies.
- Make the necessary corrections to accounts that have discrepancies.
- Give training and skills development to employed accountants that need additional knowledge.
- Give recommendations and comments about the performance of accountants under my supervision.
1994 – 1997: Master of Science in Business Administration, London University
1997 – 2001: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, London University
Passed the certification and licensure exams.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.