The Credit & Collections Manager is responsible for managing a team of credit and collection officers or agents tasked with monetizing the accounts receivables generated by the sales of the company’s products and services with payment terms. The function can be organic to the company or outsourced to a 3rd party collection agency which is done to handle delinquent accounts whose payment maturities have fallen past specified days.
Sample Credit and Collection Manager CV Template
Daniel G. Lorry
York Rd., Exeter, UK
To work as a Credit and Collection Manager for a large retail, airline or manufacturing company
2002– Present: Credit and Collection Manager, Feingold & Associates, London
- Ensure accurate cash application through a lockbox process, management of general ledger system, cash posting, and processing of credit and wired payments.
- Recommend approve of credit terms for accredited suppliers and vendors.
- Investigate delinquent accounts and schedule them for processing
- Write collection letters and notices
- Gather uncollected payment data and compute late payment charges and recommended payment terms.
- Analyze revived account performance, recommend action on past due accounts and investigate bankruptcy claims.
- Coordinate collection effort with 3rd party collectors when called for
- Ensures collection accounting and procedures comply with Sarbanes-Oxley standards.
- Strong organizational, managerial, supervisory and multitasking competence
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills to interact with buyers
- Excellent time management and people management skills.
Cited by management in the years 2008 -2010 for high turnover of accounts receivable collection
2004 – 2006: MBM, Oxford University
2002: Passed Certified Public Accountant licensure.
1999 – 2002: BS Accounting, University of Brighton, UK
Can be provided upon request