The Controller is the accounting department head and has overall supervision over its various accounting functions such as revenue and cost accounting, fixed asset accounting, account payables and receivables accounting, credit and collection, tax accounting, and general ledger accounting. As accounting head, he is also responsible for issuing official financial statements and for implementing pertinent government accounting regulations and corporate accounting policies.
Controller CV Format
Geraldine J. Fallwell
W. Adams St., Chicago, Illinois
Phone: (312) 733-6098
To work as a Controller for a large retail or manufacturing company’s accounting department
1999 – Present: VP Comptroller, General Foods, Inc.
- Implement corporate accounting policies and provide direction in the development of departmental accounting procedures and work standards in accordance with these policies
- Conduct periodic and random departmental staff meetings to assess concerns and problems with corporate accounting
- Review and release assigned corporate profit and loss statements
- Collaborate with the Cash Management and Treasury for release of payments to approved suppliers.
- Develop due diligence procedures when assessing corporate buyouts
- Approve operating expenses not exceeding ₤10 million and request approval from the President for expenses in excess.
Skills and Qualification
- Passed Certified Public Accountant licensure in 2002
- Exceptional organizational, supervisory leadership and managerial competence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- More than 10 years experience in accounting management
Cited by the President & CEO for successfully consolidating assets with merged companies in 2002 and the successful implementation of SAP/Financials
2002 – 2005: MBA, Yale University
1995 – 1999: BS Accounting, Worcester College, Oxford
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request