With or without CPA licensing, the Budget Analyst prepares the departmental or corporate budget as part of the company’s operating plan for the upcoming year. Apart of the job involved taking apart all items in the budget and getting the justification from their respected department heads in preparation for a defense before the approving authority which can go as high as the board of directors for the overall corporate budget.
Budget Analyst CV Format
Marianne V. Cole
Kilauea Ave., Honolulu
To work as a budget analysts in an airline or service industry
2004 – Present: Budge Analyst, Pacific Foods Inc., Honolulu
- Coordinate with department and division heads in developing their budget submissions
- Disseminate the approved budgeting guidelines to offices at the start of the budgeting period.
- Develop the departmental and corporate budget models
- Coordinate with accounting on current period actual expenses to define the reference points if budgeting is not zero-based.
- Assist department heads for any question pertaining to actuals versus budgets for the current fiscal year
Skill and Qualification
- Holder of a Certified Public Accountant license since 2004
- Excellent command of Excel spreadsheets and analytical tools on the PC
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with department heads in preparing budgets.
Received commendations from the President/CEO for successfully completing the corporate budgets on time for the last two years
2000 – 2004: BS in Accountancy, University of Honolulu
To be furnished upon request