A bookkeeper is mainly responsible for recording financial transactions of companies and clients. He/she summarizes details of business transactions in ledgers, compiles reports, and maintains records.
Sample Bookkeeper CV Template
Hackney, London E8 6JT
I am an accountancy graduate who has several years of work experience as an advantage in performing the duties and responsibilities of a book keeper in a renowned company. I believe that I am highly qualified for the post and I am more than willing to learn and improve my skills on the job.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of work experience as a book keeper.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles.
- Adept in the use of accounting software.
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer programs, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Possess good recording skills and competitive typing speed.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Book Keeper, First Company
- Keep and maintain records of financial transactions of the company.
- Verify, allocate, and post information regarding business transactions to subsidiary accounts.
- Verify and check information related to invoices, sales slips, receipts, and check stubs.
- Collate and summarize relevant transaction details and produce general ledgers.
- Responsible for reconciling and balancing accounts.
- Compile and analyze reports to statistics relevant to company operations including accounts payable and accounts receivable, profits and losses, cash receipts and expenditures.
- Involved in customer relations regarding financial and account matters.
- Compute and make data entries as well as send financial statements monthly to customers.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, London University
Passed the certification and licensure exams.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.