A billing clerk is an important member of a company since they are the ones preparing, printing and sending out invoices. They are also responsible for entering customer purchases and transactions into the company database as well as maintaining the customer accounts with appropriate actions such as crediting and debiting transactions. Billing clerks often face customers so they must be excellent communicators and negotiators.
Sample Billing Clerk CV Template
123 Victoria Hill Rd.,
Swanley, BR8 7LL
Telephone Number: 12 345 6789
Mobile Number: 07123456789
To get a billing clerk position in a company that will help me gain experience and open doors for career advancement
Certificate in Financial Services
Kaplan Open Learning, 2006
2009-Present: Billing Clerk, ABC Finances Corp.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Handle customer queries regarding their financing accounts
- Process billings, receive payments and issue receipts
- Prioritize and coordinate work flow in the office when needed
2007-2008: Account Information Clerk, World Finance Company Inc.
- Maintained and prepared customer account records as requested
- Kept record of transactions in every account
- Interviewed customers over the phone or personally for complaints and verification in account details
- Knowledgeable in accounting and finance management
- Proficient in using MS Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Competitive communication and negotiation skills
- Developed a system for easier management and maintenance of company customer data through a network system
- Trained new billing clerks on standard operating procedures and billing office responsibilities
References available upon request