An accountant CV should essentially contain details regarding the person’s ability to maintain proper accounts as per legal standards. In addition, it should reflect the person’s ability to monitor and remove discrepancies, handle budget queries and tax related problems and demonstrated ease of using financial applications and sound financial knowledge.
Sample Accountant Resume Template
321, Cheshire Avenue,
Mobile Number: 44 4376 9876
Telephone Number: 01276 980232
As an accountant with over 5 years of experience, I bring with me a keen ability to manage accounts and remove any discrepancies. Budgeting and analysis are my forte and I am quite familiar with the major financial applications and software used in the industry. Team work and meticulousness help me solve problems easily.
B.S in Accounting, 2007
Bachelor of Commerce 2003
2007-Present: Junior Accountant, Technicolor Inc.
- Maintaining basic accounts, book keeping
- Reconciliation of Bank statements
- Ledger entries, journal entries
- Customer relations
- Invoice entries and cross checking
- Prepared and analyzed financial statements
- Helped in preparing tax returns
- Implemented new accounting procedures and processes
2005-2007: Accounting Clerk, Whitestone Inc.
- Prepared accounting entries
- Bank reconciliation, Ledger entries
- Made entries of invoices
- Reviewed and corrected accounting entries
- Reconciled discrepancies
- Generated financial reports
2004-2005: Accounts payable clerk, Dunston Chicken
- Collected bills, checked payments
- Managed Inventory entries
- Checked invoices with payments made
- Reviewed and corrected any discrepancies
- Ad hoc administrative functions
- Filing and documentation
2003-2004: Accounting Intern, Clive & Clive Accountants
- Made journal entries
- Maintained books of accounts
- Hardware assistant
- Bank reconciliation statement data collection
Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel,
Excellent Accounting knowledge
Proficient in accounting software
- Developed and implemented new financial methods and procedures.
- Handled complete accounting structures of companies