Wireless and Satellite Dish Installers are telecoms equipment installers specialized in the installation and maintenance of wireless data and satellite antenna dishes. These are microwave frequency antennas that connect the office or home wirelessly to the telecom company’s base or repeater stations through a direct line-of-sight connectivity. They erect the antennas either on the exterior walls and windows to from a roof top pole. This can also include ground installation of satellite dish antennas. They are also responsible for installing the necessary modems or routers to activate your broadband internet connection on the PC or laptop.
Wireless and Satellite Dish Installer CV Format
Peter V. Samson
Fountain Valley, LA, California
Phone: (818) 334-4856
To work as a Wireless and Satellite Dish Installer for a large telecommunications company with a network of wireless data connections for consumers
2003 – Present: Wireless and Satellite Dish Installer, AT&T Wireless Group
- Confirm with dispatcher on the week and day schedules for antenna installation in homes and offices
- Assist the telecoms engineer in surveying the proposed location for antenna installation to ensure it has the required line of sight before proceeding.
- Apply approved standards and methods, along with the prescribed tools to be used in the dish installation in client premises.
- Perform internet connectivity stress testing to ensure that wireless antenna is satisfactorily installed
- Prepare and complete the installation documentation for client sigh-off for invoicing purposes.
Skills and Qualification
- Bout 7 years of experience in antenna installation for wireless broadband internet connection.
- Above average comprehension skills to follow high complexity instructions
- Excellent physical health and strength to climb tall structures in installing dish antennas.
2003 – Present: In-house training on emerging wireless data connectivity technologies along with telecoms hardware and software developments.
2001 – 2003: Associate in Electronics, Burbank Technical Community College
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request