A CV is a formal document which is very important in shaping the career of a person. A CV is a document which consists of all those details about a person which will help to acquire him a certain job position in a company or an organization. A CV consists of details like the academic information, skills, qualifications, experience details, hobbies etc.
By reading a CV an employer can decide whether or not the candidate is suitable for the given job title or not. Therefore it is important that a CV is drafted carefully, keeping in mind certain guidelines. The following are a few of the most important guidelines for writing a good CV.
- The first and the most important guideline to write a good CV is that the formulation or the structure of it is correct. Spaces must be left at necessary positions and qualifications must be entered pointwise and not in paragraphs.
- A CV must always have sections for each heading for example, academic details must be entered within a certain heading whereas skills and qualifications should come under another heading.
- A CV must have a formal tone attached to it and no casual words must be used while writing a CV.
- A good CV is one which also has a career objective statement of the person. This statement must be brief and should mention the reason of the person for applying for the job position.
- There must be a separate section in the CV which must be designated to write about the certificates and awards earned or acquired by the applicant.
- A CV must also give the personal information about applicant such as his/her name, address, phone number, date of birth, age, gender etc. This part can be written either in the beginning or at the end of the CV.